Practical learning. Sabbath rest. Collegial support.
SAVE THE DATES
Nov 14-17, 2017 · Carefree, AZ
Jan 23-26, 2018 · Delray Beach, FL
JOIN US . . .
for a four-day training experience for pastors, diaconal ministers and church leaders that offers practical learning, Sabbath rest and collegial support. Leading Well events offer a unique blend of “nuts and bolts” skill development along with worship, retreat, and sharing of best practices. Come and learn with and from your talented colleagues across the country.
- Do you need to gain skills in staff and volunteer management?
- Do you need to think through a strategic or staffing challenge in your congregation?
- Do you need to be grounded in a sense of call, worship, retreat, and collegial support?
- Do you need to do all three and more? Keep reading!
- Refine your capacity to work effectively with staff and volunteers.
- Explore your gifts, strengths and values, and their implications for how you lead.
- Practice what it means for you to live and lead well.
- Learn ways to interpret your ministry context.
- Take time for worship, prayer, rest and fellowship.
Orientation for new Leading Well participants
Why am I here? What am I wrestling with?
What is God up to in me, in my community, in my world?
Values and Personal Direction
Putting on the Supervisory Hat
Managing Church Finances and Spending Plans
Fostering Generosity and Wholistic Stewardship
Using the I-Opt Management Report to Lead Well
Sharing Wisdom through Crowdsourcing
Designing Your Leadership Formation Plan
WHO MIGHT BENEFIT FROM THIS RETREAT?
- Pastors who lead a ministry staff team.
- Diaconal ministers and program staff who work with paid and volunteer team members.
- Diaconal and health ministers serving congregations to support wellness ministry initiatives.
- Those who are newly called to lead a ministry team and are interested in sharpening their leadership skills.
- Judicatory leaders seeking to support congregations in developing healthy cultures and systems.
LEADING WELL FACILITATORS
Your facilitators for the Leading Well Learning Retreat include:
- Jim LaDoux: Conference Host, Facilitator & Coach
- Matthew Short: Chaplain & Worship Leader
- Tammy Devine: Facilitator, Worship Leader & Spirituality Coach
COSTS | WHAT’S INCLUDED?
Individual Rates include program tuition, and vary based on room occupancy, if you stay onsite, and if you are a Siebert Grant recipient. On-site housing includes 9 full meals, 3 night’s lodging and hospitality. On-site meals and hospitality are also included in the Commuter rate.
- Double Occupancy $820 per person
- Single Occupancy $925 per person
- Commuter $625 per person
- SIEBERT GRANT – Double No charge
- SIEBERT GRANT – Single $125
- Non-participating Spouse $415
Coaching leads to faith community experiences that connect people, allowing them to “family” one another by creating a web of deep support.
Coaching helps you, the leader and in turn creates a culture of people living vibrant faith that disciples others.
Coaching leads to ministry that creates opportunity to bless others as people discover, develop and deploy their gifts and passions.
As coaching continues and new ideas are tested and applied, leaders are empowered by God to transform lives and community.