Vibrant Faith Events
The purpose of our Vibrant Faith Events is to help your congregation develop disciples in Jesus Christ. We call these people AAA Christians because they are AUTHENTIC in the faith, AVAILABLE to others in service, and AFFIRMING of the gifts of life given by God.
Vibrant Faith Events Will Help You
- Capture a vision of church that is faith formative and transformational
- Learn the concepts, vocabulary and practices for faith formation and leadership development
- Discover the value of cross+generational ministry
- Ground your ministry biblically and theologically, making informed decisions based on three decades of faith formation research
- Take immediate action steps in your ministry setting
- Inspire you to move your ministry to a new level of effectiveness
Vibrant Faith events are designed to engage all members of the congregation, from middle school age to senior citizens. Participants will gain a common vocabulary for discussing faith and will learn practical ways to practice faith everyday, everywhere.
- Will Our Children Have Faith
Outcome: Participants will gain a deep awareness of the changing landscape of our churches and communities and how these changes are influencing when, where and how faith is formed.
- Five Principles for Vibrant Faith
Outcome: Church is redefined as a partnership between home and congregation.
- Four Keys for Vibrant Faith
Outcome: Faith practices are framed under four rubrics.
- Using Milestones to Practice Faith
Outcome: The milestones of life become God moments that are identified and celebrated at home and within the congregation.
- Taking it Home-Action Steps
Outcome: You identify action steps you can implement immediately.
For more information, contact Jim LaDoux at 877-693-7196 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|8:30 - 9:00 a.m.||Registration|
|9:00 - 9:15 a.m.||Welcome & Devotions|
|9:15 - 10:15 a.m.||Session I: Will our Children Have Faith?|
|10:15 - 10:30 a.m.||BREAK|
|10:30 - 12:00 p.m.||Session II: Vibrant Faith Principles|
|12:00 - 12:45 p.m.||Lunch|
|12:45 - 1:45 p.m.||Session III: Vibrant Faith Practices|
|1:45 - 2:00 p.m.||BREAK|
|2:00 - 3:00 p.m.||Session IV: Using Milestones to Practice Faith|
|3:10 - 3:30 p.m.||Session V: Taking It Home & Closing Prayer|
Comments From Recent Training Participants:
- I have a new understanding of my role as a faith shaper to my children.
- I was given tools and ideas for how I might practice faith with my children and grandchildren.
- I was challenged to be more intentional about how I model and share my faith each and everyday.
- I was reminded that it's never too late to support my godchild in her faith journey.
- It was fun, engaging and VERY informative. The day flew by!
- My only regret was that I wish I would have heard this information 20 years ago!
- I came away energized and empowered - energized with wanting to make a difference in my kids lives and empowered now that I have tools to bring home for practicing faith.
"This is our 14th year of including the home in the passing on of faith. At the end of our second year of Confirmation, we interview both the students and their families. At each interview, we ask the student if they wanted to change back to instruction with their classmates only or if we should continue to include parents/home members in the class? In the past 14 years, we have had more than 300-plus students go through these interviews and only three have answered that they would prefer just students. That shows just how important it is for parents to be involved in the faith formation of their children."
Pastor Mark Asleson
Dilworth Lutheran Church